Data Protection Declaration
Collection, processing and use of personal data
The protection of your data is extremely important to us. In order to visit our online-shop, you do not need to specify any data. We only store anonymised access data which is not personally identifiable, such as the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the web page you have come from to visit our website, or the name of the file that you have requested. Cookies may be used for purposes of data collection; these cookies, however, also only collect and store data in an anonymised or pseudonymised form and do not permit any inference as to your person.
We only collect personal data if you voluntarily provide it to us in the process of ordering, by opening a customer’s account or by registering for our newsletter. We use the data collected exclusively for the purpose of contract processing. After the completion of a contract, your data will be blocked and deleted according to the terms of tax and commercial law, unless you have expressly consented to a more extensive use of your data. If you log in using your email address for our monthly newsletter, we will use your email address for promotional purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter subscription. When using our catalogues (archive and library), anonymised log files are stored by the software provider, which are only used to generate user statistics and are deleted after 12 months. We monitor the use of our website intermittently using analysis tools which evaluate data in anonymised form.
Your personal data is safe with us. It is encrypted by SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) and transmitted to us. Our websites are protected by technical measures against damage, destruction and unauthorised access.
Access Rights and Rights of Withdrawal
You can access, free of charge, all your data stored by us at any time without giving any reason. You may, at any time, have the data which has been collected by us blocked, corrected or deleted. You can also, at any time, revoke your consent given to us for data collection and use, without giving any reason. To do so, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) In order to implement sales contracts (origination, completion, processing, warranties and unwinding) for our services, through technical administration, our own marketing purposes and existing correspondence between us, we collect, for the ordering process as well as for opening a customer account, personal data which includes, in particular: name, contact details, payment details, email and telephone number.
Disclosure of your data can, in principle, take place at more than one organisation, so far as is necessary for the processing of our contractual relationship, in particular in the following cases:
a. Data is always transferred to the appointed shipping company for the purpose of delivery. The disclosure only includes data which is required for delivering the goods.
b. Where the payment transaction is made via third party payment services (such as e.g. PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, etc.) your data will be passed on to the payment intermediaries. The same applies with regard to payment via authorised credit institutions.
c . In the case of payment problems, a payment collection demand may be assigned to a collection agency. In addition, information may be sent to credit agencies.
The transferred data shall be used by the service providers solely for the purpose of disclosure.
(2) In addition, your personal information will not be disclosed to third parties, unless we are obliged by law or you have given us appropriate consent.
(3) Personal information that you provide to us for the processing of orders could be saved for up to 10 years due to commercial and tax reasons.
(4) Your personal data is safe with us. It is encrypted by SSL and transmitted to us. Our websites are protected by technical measures against damage, destruction and unauthorised access.
(5) You can access, free of charge, all your data stored by us at any time without giving any reason. You may, at any time, have the data which has been collected by us blocked, corrected or deleted. You can also, at any time, revoke your consent given to us for data collection and use, without giving any reason. To do so, please contact: email@example.com.
(6) Without the consent of the customer, the company will not use customer data for commercial purposes, public opinion research or market research.